[Zope3-dev] Zope 3.4 Release Date?

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Wed Aug 29 02:19:08 EDT 2007

Am Dienstag, den 28.08.2007, 23:21 -0400 schrieb Tom Hoffman:
> Are there any firm plans for getting Zope 3.4 final out into the
> world?  The next release of SchoolTool, which we intended to have
> included in Ubuntu Gutsy, is dependent on Zope 3.4, which seemed like
> a reasonable idea when Zope 3.4 was scheduled to come out in the
> spring or summer.

We had a plan but that didn't work out. I don't like to say that but
right now it's: it will be done when it's done.

> Since Zope 3.4 can't be added to Debian/Ubuntu until the final comes
> out, we're stuck.  At this point, the horse is probably out of the
> barn for Gutsy, but I'd rather not have to write this email again in
> December for Gutsy+1.

True. We have a todo list of the rc which includes getting all the small
packages to a stable release ASAP (which means checking back for
critical bugs and if there are none go to stable finally) and then make
an RC of 3.4 hopefully with a final release only one week later.

> Once 3.4 is out, we'll resist the temptation to anticipate future Zope
> 3 releases.

Hopefully after/with 3.4 you can switch to use the individual packages
instead of the huge tarball. Those have their own much smaller release
cycle now.

Christian