[Zope3-dev] Re: RFC: test.py --list-modules

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Sun Jan 14 06:43:33 EST 2007

Gary Poster wrote:

> On Jan 12, 2007, at 6:33 PM, Marius Gedminas wrote:

>>> If its output were identical to the tests that were actually going to be
>>> selected, then I think it'd be worth including.
>>
>> That would be the proposed --list-tests option, wouldn't it?
>

>> Or do you want a list of modules that have at least one test remaining
>> after all the filtering (including --layer, --level and --test) is done?
>
> I might use --list-modules for test-running debugging (i.e., it's not
> finding my test--is it because it is not finding my module, or what?).
> That said, I can imagine more helpful tools for that use case (i.e., a
> way to verbosely list all filters in play...if there's not already
> something like that).

That's a good use case for --list-modules, the only one I can see
frankly. I'd really like --list-tests and wouldn't mind having to wait
the extra five seconds to get an "accurate" list.

> So what's your use cases for all of these?

* to see whether your test is actually found and run
* to see whether certain test selection mechanisms work the way you
expect them to

2nd edition of Web Component Development with Zope 3 is now shipping!