[Zope3-dev] Fwd: Preferring final releases

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Jul 5 09:43:29 EDT 2007

There's a question below that I want opinions on, so I'm forwarding
this note here that I sent to the distutils-sig.  I'd prefer answers
there, but I'll take them here.

Specifically: Should I make it the default policy for buildout to
prefer final releases?  I think this is the right thing to do in the
long run, however, it will cause buildouts that implicitly use non-
final eggs to be downgraded.  This will cause some pain until people
make adjustments.

Thoughts?

Jim

Begin forwarded message: