[Zope3-dev] Fwd: Preferring final releases

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Thu Jul 5 09:54:36 EDT 2007

On Thursday 05 July 2007 09:43, Jim Fulton wrote:
> Specifically: Should I make it the default policy for buildout to
> prefer final releases?  I think this is the right thing to do in the
> long run, however, it will cause buildouts that implicitly use non-
> final eggs to be downgraded.  This will cause some pain until people
> make adjustments.

I am fine with this change, since I tend to do final releases more frequently
than others. In other words, I trust my testing and if I did not change
anything ground-breaking, I usually release a final version quickly. I can
see that you are using version numbers differently, but that's fine with me
too.

And for the case that I need the cutting edge, as long as you tell me the
option to use for getting the latest releases, then I am fine. :-)

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter